Wide Open Arms
Hoi,

Lieve gast, welkom op wideopenarms, om echt mee te doen hier kun je ofwel inloggen als je lid bent, of registreren als je dat nog niet bent Wink
Wide Open Arms
Hoi,

Lieve gast, welkom op wideopenarms, om echt mee te doen hier kun je ofwel inloggen als je lid bent, of registreren als je dat nog niet bent Wink
Wide Open Arms
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

IndexPortal*RegistrerenLaatste afbeeldingenInloggen

Bibletexts and reflections

Ga naar beneden 
5 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
anna
Oprichtster
anna

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 4116
Leeftijd : 57
Registration date : 10-10-07

Bibletexts and reflections Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: anyone is welcome to do so   Bibletexts and reflections Emptyza okt 13, 2007 4:16 pm

What is your fave bibletext and why...If you keep it that simple it is a meditation already, and other people can tune in and make it even more complete.

Please make a lot topics here!
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
https://wideopenarms.actieforum.com
Hanneke
top poster
top poster
Hanneke

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 1468
Leeftijd : 50
Registration date : 11-10-07

BerichtOnderwerp: psalm 36: 5-10   Bibletexts and reflections Emptyzo okt 21, 2007 6:49 pm

Psalm 36: 5-10

"Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.
How precious is Your loving kindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light."

This bibletext means a lot to me, beacause it reminds me of God's love and faith.
I believe the wells of living water and light are trustworthy life-sources for all.
anna
Oprichtster
anna

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptyzo okt 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Yep. Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. I love the inclusiveness of this statement.
Hanneke
top poster
top poster
Hanneke

BerichtOnderwerp: psalm 23   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydi dec 18, 2007 10:37 pm

The Lord is our shepherd.
He'll guide His sheep to fresh meadows and lead them into safe shelters.
His rod and staff will bring comfort.
Goodness and mercy shall follow untill in eternity.
Hanneke
top poster
top poster
Hanneke

BerichtOnderwerp: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydi jan 22, 2008 1:24 am

You can share your bibletexts and reflections here; without preaching.
Youko
WOA junkie
WOA junkie

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 534
Leeftijd : 33
Registration date : 19-01-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydo jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Jeremiah 29:11-14

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

Why? It's rather self-explanatory I think, but the most prominent reason is because two very different people who have never seen eachother told me that this 'my' text. Heh.
anna
Oprichtster
anna

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydo jan 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Youko schreef:

prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

Why? It's rather self-explanatory I think, but the most prominent reason is because two very different people who have never seen eachother told me that this 'my' text. Heh.
wow...it is a beautiful text, do you come from a Pentacostal background?, they do the this-is-your-text-stuff Very Happy
Youko
WOA junkie
WOA junkie

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 534
Leeftijd : 33
Registration date : 19-01-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydo jan 24, 2008 8:51 pm

AnnaTuinman schreef:
Youko schreef:

wow...it is a beautiful text, do you come from a Pentacostal background?, they do the this-is-your-text-stuff Very Happy

Haha, I finally know the english word for that christian 'group' now! ^_^ Thank you ;D Yes, I am Smile It always stayed with me. There was a lot of stuff going on in my life so to speak, and both of them said: 'this is a text I want you to look up, it struck me and doesn't really let go'. I was a bit cynical about it at first, but when another person experienced thesame thing I was like: 'wha?' I mean, give it a chance, right? It's a beautiful verse Smile
matil
matil

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 2361
Leeftijd : 37
Registration date : 15-10-07

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydo jun 12, 2008 10:24 pm

I realy like psalm 91, it can realy let me trust on the lord, and lay back in his caring arms.

91Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High; 2 Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope. 3 He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease. 4 You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation. 5 You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day, 6 Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high. 7 You will see a thousand falling by your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes will you see the reward of the evil-doers.
9 Because you have said, I am in the hands of the Lord, the Most High is my safe resting-place; 10 No evil will come on you, and no disease will come near your tent. 11 For he will give you into the care of his angels to keep you wherever you go. 12 In their hands they will keep you up, so that your foot may not be crushed against a stone. 13 You will put your foot on the lion and the snake; the young lion and the great snake will be crushed under your feet. 14 Because he has given me his love, I will take him out of danger: I will put him in a place of honour, because he has kept my name in his heart. 15 When his cry comes up to me, I will give him an answer: I will be with him in trouble; I will make him free from danger and give him honour. 16 With long life will he be rewarded; and I will let him see my salvation.
Gast
Gast

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptyvr jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm

oh.. i feel a bit sad.. i realized i don't go to mass anymore.. Sad

been busy have no time fo rthat.. i hope il be able to attend and hear mass
Hope
WOA junkie
WOA junkie
Hope

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 620
Leeftijd : 44
Registration date : 29-03-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydi sep 23, 2008 10:50 am

yea, what a mess if you miss the mass, huh?

(sorry, I just said that because I really had to play around with those words - I'm the dictionary girl Cool )
Hope
WOA junkie
WOA junkie
Hope

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 620
Leeftijd : 44
Registration date : 29-03-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Emptydi sep 23, 2008 10:57 am

II Timothy 2

'If we die with him, we'll live with him;
If we stick it out with him, we'll rule with him,
If we turn our backs on him, he'll turn his back on us,
If we give up on him, he does not give up -
for there's no way he can be false to himself.'

(The Message, which is why I don't have verses, it doesn't give those)

This encourages me. It tells about God's faithfulness, that it is a characteristic of him, not a moral choice alone. God loves us from the core of his heart.
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Bibletexts and reflections   Bibletexts and reflections Empty

Bibletexts and reflections
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Wide Open Arms :: WideOpenArms De Forums :: English spoken Forum-
Ga naar: